Homemade guns come in all shapes and sizes.
Intrepid basement-workshop gunsmiths try to make their own for various reasons.
These 11 homemade guns sadly missed the mark completely.
11. I'll go easy on you with this first one. Would it shoot? Probably and it might even have some potential.
10. Homemade guns held together by duct tape are all the rage these days...
9. When at war, you use what you can make or acquire. This Chechen pistol is a cobbled-together weapon of questionable reliability. However, it might give the user a chance to obtain a better weapon from an enemy with a lucky shot. Looks kind of like a butchered Savage Model 24, right?
8. Well that's interesting...
7. A homemade pistol reportedly made by Ted Kaczynski, otherwise known as the Unabomber.
6. I had to look at this picture for a minute to make heads or tails from it. The streets of Sydney Australia have had a bunch of these show up. This proves criminals could care less about gun laws.
5. A plethora of improvised guns from Nigeria. They look legit, right?
4. That looks like a major kaboom waiting for anyone foolish enough to try it.
3. This homemade Brazilian shotgun pistol is ready for some bad business for sure. Would it hold up if actually shot?
2. A version of a pipe fitting pistol. Even plumbing equipment can become a gun.
1. This homemade pistol was made by a Connecticut teen who charged $200 for this heap.
Do you like articles about the outdoors? Click here to view more articles by Eric Nestor. You can follow him @ericthewoodsman on Twitter, The Classic Woodsman on Facebook, and @theclassicwoodsman on Instagram. You can view more Nestor Photography photos at Nestor Photography.