Be as cool as Hoodini with these owl puns that will leave you feeling clever as an owl.
We absolutely adore owls. From Harry Potter's owl buddy Hedwig to the smart owl that attempts to answer the question, "How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?", owls are always presented as mystical and wise creatures.
Perhaps that's why punny owl jokes are exactly what we need to have a hooting good time (especially during these depressing pandemic times!) — and it's always fun to feel like, um, an even more educated owl.
Here are 27 funny owl puns that'll have you saying hoot-hoot:
1. The shop was mobbed on black Friday. It was a real free for owl.
2. What is an owl's dream occupation? Flight attendant.
3. Why do owl babies take after their dad? Like feather, like son.
4. Why shouldn't you tell an owl your secrets? They're always talon everyone.
5. What is a bird's favorite Beatles' song? Owl you need is love.
6. Who is an owl that has been caught red-handed? A spotted owl.
7. What did the owl's valentine say? You are hootiful.
8. What do you call an owl dressed in armor? A knight owl.
9. Why do owls make such bad baseball players? Their hits are always fowl.
10. What was the bird's favorite Whitney Houston song? Owl always love you.
11. Why do owls love mystery novels? They love hoo-dunits.
12. That bird does a lot of things, he's a jack of owl trades.
13. Hoot would have thought it would be this easy?
14. What is an owl's favorite subject at school? Owlgebra!
15. What do you call an owl who knows how to do magic tricks? Hoodini.
16. Did you hear about the bird who opened up a hotel? It was for owl seasons.
17. Where do baby owls go to buy clothes? To the owlet malls.
18. What do you call an owl with a deep voice? A gr-owl!
19. What's an owl's favorite soda? Hoot beer.
20. Where do owls that commit crimes sent? Owlcatraz.
21. What do you call an owl that does boxing? Muhammad Owlee.
22. What's an owl's favorite rock band? The Whoo.
23. What does an owl need after having a bath? A t-owl.
24. What do you call an owl with a sore throat? A bird that doesn't give a hoot.
25. When does an owl go, "Moooooo!"? When it's learning a new language.
26. What do you call an annoyed owl? Someone with irritable owl syndrome.
27. Why didn't the night owl go to the funeral? He wasn't a mourning person.
28. Why did the owl invite his friends over? He didn't want to be owl by himself.
Well, that was just a good old hootin' time wasn't it? We hope it was owlright for you like it was for us!
Did these owl puns make you feel as wise as an owl (or make you LOL)? Let us know in the comments!
Enjoy the outdoors?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.