'Tis the season to be jolly! That is, unless you're one of these sweet dogs who just do not understand Christmas.
The holiday season brings good tidings around the world. There's nothing quite like lighting up a Kentucky Fried Chicken yule log, pouring yourself some hot cocoa, and re-watching Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer for the 150th time the night before Christmas. The 12 days of Christmas are made better by the family who unites us, the friends who lift us up, and the pets who turn our houses into homes.
But, let's be honest: Not everyone understands the true meaning of Christmas. We all know an Ebenezer Scrooge who hates wearing a Santa Claus hat and hearing the Little Drummer Boy on repeat. The same goes for our canine campaigns; Here's proof that you can be naughty and nice at the same time with 25 dogs who are real Grinches about Christmas.
1. Kiss under this mistletoe. I dare ya.
2. If I don't sit perfectly still, the hat falls off.
3. I told you green wasn't my color!
4. This is why we buy real Christmas trees.
5. Can't an elf nap in peace?
6. Radio City Rockette in training...?
7. That is NOT where it goes.
8. Christmas. Is. Canceled.
9. What do you mean I can't have a Christmas cookie?
10. Too old for your s***.
11. Look, this has gotta stop.
12. Say I have to wait until Christmas Eve for presents one more time...
13. I mean, just one present? It won't hurt.
14. That does it. You're on the naughty list, Mom.
15. Do you really need MORE decorations?
16. Maybe next year I'll pull Santa's sleigh...
17. What do you mean Die Hard isn't a Christmas movie?!
18. You can't fool me. This isn't a real candy cane.
19. C'mon on... Just one, little nibble?
20. Two turtle doves... er, dogs.
21. Put me on the naughty list. Try it.
22. Is it summer yet?
23. For the 20th time: I am not a reindeer.
24. Is that... SANTA PAWS?!
25. Doh! We're only kidding. Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!
How are you and your dogs celebrating the holidays? Share on our Wide Open Pets Facebook!
READ MORE: 20 Awkward Family Christmas Photos with Pets
Enjoy the outdoors?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.