Here is one of the best venison meatloaf recipes to try around the dinner table this fall.
If you need an easy dish for the family to enjoy, this savory meal is one of the best venison meatloaf recipes around. Nonetheless, feel free to adapt it how you see fit. But, there is one secret ingredient.
Don't worry about this recipe taking too long. The total prep time takes less than 15 minutes, and the total cook time is roughly an hour and 15 minutes.
Typically, it doesn't take deer meat long to cook, but this dish uses a lot of ingredients, including eggs. Similarly, you won't need to wash too many dishes because the recipe only requires one baking dish and a large mixing bowl.
- 1-2 pounds ground venison
- 1 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup of oatmeal (secret ingredient to replace bread crumbs)
- 2 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of onion
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon of mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix ground venison, milk, egg, onion, salt, pepper and oatmeal in a medium-size mixing bowl.
- Transfer venison and mixture into a large loaf pan and press down evenly throughout.
- Glaze instructions: mix ketchup, brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl and pour evenly over venison meatloaf.
- Bake in the oven for an hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for five minutes.
- Cut loaf into slices and serve with your favorite side dish.
Although this is a wild game recipe, it works just as well for beef, turkey or any other ground meat you prefer.