A hunter's pride and joy, German Shorthaired Pointers are hard to resist.
With their speckled coats, floppy ears, and desire to please their people, these hunting dogs are easy to love. They've been bred to retrieve small game from both land and water, and they're often trained as working K9s to detect everything from illegally poached ivory to drugs and explosives. There's no doubting their athletic prowess or intellectual abilities, but most families choose German Shorthaired Pointers because of their affectionate personalities and loyalty.
Whether they live for the hunt or would rather go on long hikes before cuddling on the couch, these dogs make excellent family companions. They let their enthusiasm shine through with everything they do, and they want nothing more than a family to call their own. People also love them for their easy-to-care-for coats and striking good looks.
Here are a few of the cutest German Shorthaired Pointers on Instagram.
1. Nothing can compete with those eyes.
2. GSPs are often described as having regal good looks.
3. Being good looking can be exhausting.
4. "What do you mean this isn't the stick you threw?"
5. When they're on the hunt, they take their job seriously.
6. There are few things cuter than a GSP puppy wearing a bow tie.
7. This is what you call double trouble.
8. Growing pups get all the treats.
9. The goofy face ups this GSP's cute rating to 11/10.
10. Cuddling cuties!
11. The cutest little sniffer you ever did see.
12. Everyday should be Tongue Out Tuesday.
13. Raise your paw if you love German Shorthaired Pointers.
14. We can't all be morning dogs.
15. Ready to take on the world.
16. These puppies already know sharing is caring—and they look super cute doing it.
17. When you can't hunt 'em, you might as well join 'em.
If you can't have a Pointer of your own, these pups will help fill that dog-shaped hole in your heart. And if these cute faces are convincing enough to tell you that you can't live without a GSP in your life, remember loving a dog is about a lot more than good looks. Make sure you're in a good position to give a dog all the exercise, training, and attention they need to thrive as part of the family.
Do you have a cute German Shorthaired Pointer? Let us know in the comments.
WATCH NOW: German Shorthaired Pointers Are Built for the Field!
Enjoy the outdoors?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.