If you can't make it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
When things get crazy, like when you get stuck in the bush or when zombies overrun the planet, you'll want to have a large stockpile of duct tape. You can build and repair pretty much anything with it. Here are 15 survival things you can make with duct tape that will help keep you alive and maybe make your miserable experience a little more comfortable.
1. A boat. The Mythbusters team proved duct tape boats can float.
2. A DIY field stretcher. Get two sticks, something to serve as a pillow, and tape it up like this:
3. Butterfly bandage strips. Cut some small strips of DT and use them to pull the skin on either side of the wound together.
4. A sling. It's not pretty, but it'll keep your busted arm elevated.
5. Blister protection: You don't have to wait for the sh** to hit the fan to use this hack. Slap a strip on the skin of your heel before you put on your boots.
6. Arrow fletching.
7. Turn your ordinary shotgun into a survival shotgun.
8. A knife sheath.
9. An axe or hatchet sheath.
10. A survival spear. Tape your survival knife to a stick or pole, and you'll have an effective weapon for hunting game like wild boar.
11. A helmet to go with your spear. You'll look like either the most fearsome or most ridiculous survivalist out there.
12. Boots - comfort not guaranteed.
13. A hammock. Sometimes you have to sleep off of the ground to avoid things like snakes, bugs and other critters. You also need to chill every now and then.
14. A cup holder for your vehicle. You want your coffee within reach when you're mowing down zombies early in the morning. This is serious.
15. Keep spare duct tape on your lighter, because if you've learned anything from this post, you can never have enough duct tape.
Enjoy the outdoors?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.