Get ready to make a grand hen-trance any day of the week with chicken puns so egg-cellent, they will bring out your inner comedi-hen.
You know we love chickens. Whether they are in the chicken coop out in your backyard if you raise chickens, or on a plate as chicken nuggets (no egging please!), or heck, even as chicken soup on a sick day, you must admit: that clucking bird is everywhere.
So, no matter if you are a chicken farmer, meat-eater, or vegetarian, you'll be top of the barn with these funny chicken puns. Go ahead, feel free to get hen-thusiastic with these wordplays.
37 Chicken Puns for your inner (or not so inner) comedi-hen:
1. What's a hen's favorite type of movie? A chick flick.
2. What do you get when you cross a chicken with a bell? An alarm cluck.
3. What do you call a chicken that crosses the road? Poultry in motion.
4. How do baby chickens dance? Chick-to-chick.
5. I ate an omelette for breakfast...but I'm still feeling peckish.
6. What do chicken families like to do on the weekend? They go on peck-nics.
7. What happened to the chicken that misbehaved at school? It was egg-spelled.
8. What do chickens serve at birthday parties? Coop-cakes.
9. The farmer died suddenly. The police suspect fowl play.
10. When do chickens go to bed? Half past hen.
11. Why is it easy for chickens to talk? Because talk is cheep.
12. What do you get when you cross a ghost with a chicken? A poultry-geist.
13. Where do chickens go on holiday? New Yolk City.
14. What is a chicken's favorite novel? Great Eggs-pectations by Charles Chickens.
15. Why did the chicken join a band? Because it already had drumsticks.
16. What do you get if you cross a chicken with a cement mixer? A brick layer.
17. Did you hear about the hen who could only lay eggs in the winter? She was no spring chicken.
18. What do chickens study at college? Egg-onomics.
19. Why does the chicken coop have two doors? Because if it had four doors it would be a chicken sedan.
20. What do you get when you cross a chicken with an alien? An egg-straterrestrial.
21. What does a chicken need to lay an egg every day? Hen-durance!
22. Why can't a rooster ever get rich? Because he works for chicken feed.
23. What happens when a hen eats gunpowder? She lays hand gren-eggs.
24. What do you get when a chicken lays on top of a barn? An eggroll!
25. What do little chickens say on Halloween? Chick or treat!
26. What is a chicken's favorite landmark? Stone-hen-ge!
27. What does a chicken wipe its beak with? A hen-kerchief!
28. Why are chickens so good at their jobs? Because they work around the cluck.
29. Which day of the week do chickens hate the most? Fry-day.
30. What dance do chickens refuse to do? The foxtrot.
31. What did the chicken do when the roost was haunted? Call the eggs-orcist!
32. Why did the chicken go to school? He wanted a good egg-ucation.
33. Why does a chicken watch TV? For hen-tertainment!
34. What do you call a chicken school test? Eggs-aminations.
35. How do chickens stay fit? They egg-ercise.
36. What is a chicken's favorite movie? A Cluckwork Orange.
37. What did the chicken say when he's in the way? Egg-scuse me!
We love animal puns as much as we love our chickens, so go ahead and have a chuckle (or should we say, cluck-le?) — preferably with a chicken. Just don't be chicken about it.
Did any of these chicken puns make you smile? Let us know in the comments below!
Enjoy the outdoors?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.