What is it about old hunting photos that we love so much?
I guarantee you’ve spent a number of nights at deer camp or at home looking through your grandparent’s old hunting photos.
Maybe it’s the nostalgia of an age gone by. Maybe it’s the respect we have for them that they hunted with no modern technology or conveniences. It took real grit to hunt back in those days.
No matter how you slice it, we love old hunting photos, whether it’s from the recent past or way back. Here are some awesome pictures that really capture historic hunting tradition.
1. Nice buck and a bear to boot.
2. Pretty rough looking group.
3. Three really nice deer!
4. Admittedly, this is not as old as the other hunting photos. But look at those bucks!
5. You know the hunt went well when you can’t see out of the windshield.
6. I’d say the hunt was successful.
7. It’s a family affair.
8. How much grit does that first guy have?!
9. Very professional shot.
10. Good day predator hunting.
11. Gotta love the old log cabins.
12. I found me some dinner!
13. We still pose for these kinds of pictures.
14. A very nice cat.
15. You’d better pull your weight around that deer camp.
16. A short demonstration of butchering a deer.
17. Those are some impressive-looking bear rugs.
18. “Not much of a trophy”…what a modest guy Fred was.
19. Gotta have some more Fred Bear pictures!
20. A very successful Minnesota hunt.
21. Everyone strike a pose!
22. A couple geese are better than none.
23. Nice wide deer on the right!
24. “Yes, I did slay the beast!”
25. They should have enough venison and moose meat for the winter…
26. Why so serious, fellas?
27. A little bit of everything for this hunting party.
28. Always cool when you can get both whitetails and mule deer.
29. Very successful predator trap line.
30. “I love deer hunting. Can’t you tell?”
Hope you enjoyed these nostalgic hunting photos. Now it’s time to go make some new memories!