A sure-fire hit for any cookout or potluck is seven layer dip—and what better way to upgrade it than put a wild game spin on it. This Venison Taco Dip incorporates tender cuts of hand-harvested or locally-sourced venison and infuses them with aromatic spices that transport you straight to the great outdoors. It's then layered with gooey melted cheese, zesty salsa, and topped off with a refreshing mix of crunchy lettuce and juicy tomatoes.
Whether you're gathered around the campfire or hosting a game-day shindig, this recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser that will satisfy even the heartiest of appetites.
Venison Taco Dip Recipe
View this post on Instagram
- 1 (8 ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 packages taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 can Rotel
- 1 cup shredded mexican blend cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- Sliced black olives
- Diced tomatoes
1. In a large bowl, add in cream cheese, sour cream and one envelope of taco seasoning. Using a spoon or an electric mixer to mix until the ingredients are well combined. Spread into a 9 x 9 baking dish and then store in the refrigerator while cooking the meat.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in the diced onion and cook until it's just starting to become tender. Then add in ground venison and cook it until its browned.
3. Once the venison is browned, drain grease if any, then stir in Rotel and taco seasoning packet. Stir until evenly combined and continue cooking until venison is fully cooked.
4. Layer the ground venison over the cheese mixture. Top with shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and black olives. Serve with tortilla chips.