Satisfy your craving for a mouthwatering wild-game dish with this delicious Venison and Broccoli Stir Fry recipe. Imagine tender venison infused with hearty spices, perfectly paired with vibrant broccoli florets that'll make your taste buds dance. Whether you've just bagged a big buck or simply enjoy cooking up tasty wild game recipes, this one's perfect for all our wild game enthusiasts.
What really makes this recipe shine (aside from your fresh meat, of course) is the way the soy sauce and brown sugar Asian sauce brings out the best flavors of venison.
So, grab your skillet and let's whip up a delicious meal you won't soon forget!
Venison and Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
View this post on Instagram
- 1 pound cubed venison (or venison backstrap sliced thin)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch green onions cut into 1 inch long slices
- Cooked White Rice, for serving
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium chicken, vegetable or beef broth
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Cut up venison into bite sized cubes (or strips if using backstrap).
2. Combine venison pieces, 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce in a medium sized bowl. Mix well then set aside.
3. Combine the ingredients for the sauce in a medium sized bowl. Whisk, then set aside.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in cast iron skillet over medium heat
5. Place venison in hot skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side. Then remove from the pan.
6. In the same skillet, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Then add in broccoli. Cook 4-5 minutes
7. Add meat, green onions and sauce to skillet. Bring to slight boil, then reduce heat to simmer another 4-5 minutes until sauce reduces.
8. Serve with rice and enjoy!
READ MORE: Cook It: Venison Taco Dip