This vegetable venison stew is so easy anyone can make it.
One of the ultimate family favorites for my crew is this vegetable venison stew which includes ground venison and a combination of various garden vegetables.
Some may think it looks simple, and that's because it is. Sometimes we need a simple dinner meal that will fit in the slow cooker or crock pot, cook for six to eight hours, and be ready when the work day is over.
This is one of those wild game recipes.
- 1 pound venison
- 1 package beef stew seasoning
- 25 small carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 1 cup lima beans
- 1 cup of peas
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Brown deer meat in a skillet on high heat
2. Add beef stew seasoning to deer meat
3. Dice tomatoes and onions into pieces
4. Chop celery and carrots into small pieces
5. Mix diced onions, diced tomatoes, chopped celery, chopped carrots and all other vegetables into a separate skillet and sauté on medium heat
6. Add olive oil to vegetables
7. Pour brown ground venison into slow cooker
8. Add all vegetables into slow cooker and mix with ground venison
9. Pour one can of tomato sauce over mixed ingredients
10. Add 1.5 cups of water to slow cooker
11. Add salt, black pepper and garlic powder
12. Turn slow cooker on low for 4-to-6 hours. If you need it cooked faster turn slow cooker on medium-high heat.
What's the difference between this venison vegetable stew recipe and a venison vegetable soup recipe? Arguably the difference is the amount of liquid in each recipe.
This vegetable venison stew recipe doesn't call for a whole lot of water simply because I like it more chunky. However, use as much water as you desire. Likewise, some people prefer other cuts for the venison stew meat like roast or tenderloin. It's not my preference, but to each their own.
For more easy recipes including venison roast, deer poppers, and other southern venison recipes, click here.