If you're in need of a good, DIY Valentine's Day gift, or just wanna get down on some sweets, check out these chocolate bowls with strawberry mousse.
Who's ready for Valentine's Day? Oh, you forgot again?
Then score some points and make these chocolate bowls and strawberry mousse for your loved one, and they'll love you forever.
Seriously, these look involved but they're as easy as pie (actually baking a pie is way harder than this).
- 12 oz bag chocolate chips
- Parchment paper
- 1 C whipping cream
- 1/2 C strawberry jam
- Strawberries for topping
- Blow up balloons approximately 5-8 inches in diameter. Spray with cooking spray. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl, and warm 30 seconds at a time in the microwave, stirring in between. Stop when it is smooth, don't overcook. Allow the chocolate to cool for about 10 minutes, so it's no longer hot to the touch.
- Hold a balloon by the knot, and dip into the bowl of melted chocolate. Tilt at an angle to get the desired height of the bowl, and let any excess drip off.
- Pour a spoonful of chocolate on the parchment paper and set the chocolate-dipped balloon on top. Repeat for remaining chocolate. Let sit in a cool, dry place (10-20 minutes).
- Gently peel chocolate bowl off parchment paper (use a knife if needed), and set aside.
- To make the mousse, combine chilled whipping cream and jam in the large bowl of a standing mixer. Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fill each chocolate bowl with mousse and top with more strawberries.