Looking for a unique use of the pheasant you harvested last season? You might not believe it, but it goes great on a ranch and bacon pizza. This unique recipe is extremely easy, even for novice cooks to pull off. And it results with an incredibly unique and tasty pizza that the whole family will want you to prepare again and again. You can also substitute some wild turkey just in case you didn't harvest any pheasants this season.
Be sure to check out my new cookbook, The Weekend Wild Game Cookbook: Easy, Everyday Meals for Hunters and Their Families, available on Amazon.
1/3 cup ranch dressing, plus more for serving if desired
1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded pheasant cooked (or wild turkey)
1/2 red onion, julienned
6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
1 roma tomato, diced (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. *
2. Roll out pizza dough to roughly a 13-15 inch circle. Brush dough with a light layer of olive oil. Transfer to a lightly greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
3. Spread ranch over the crust, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
4. Top with half of the mozzarella cheese, followed by the cooked pheasant, red onion slices, bacon and tomatoes if desired.
5. Sprinkle remaining half of the mozzarella over the top.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the crust is crispy on the outside and cooked through. Finish with a drizzle of extra ranch dressing if desired.
7. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
*If using a pizza stone, preheat with oven. Prepare pizza on a transportable-floured service so it can easily slide onto the stop. Once all toppings are on pizza, place onto preheated stone in the oven. Bake for the same amount of time.
READ MORE: CARNE ASADA VENISON TACOS RECIPE
Enjoy the outdoors?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.