If you love flavorful red meat spiced up, topped with onions and cilantro, and wrapped up in a warm tortilla, you've found your dream recipe. Carne Asada Venison Tacos are relatively easy to make, and once you get things cooking the aromas are exceptionally great. There's just something about south-of-the-border influenced dishes that I really love, and the combined smell of garlic, cumin, and chili powder instantly make my mouth start to water. Add in the orange and lime juice found in the marinade, and you've got an ideal recipe for the backstrap you've been eyeballing in your freezer.
Be sure to check out my new cookbook, The Weekend Wild Game Cookbook: Easy, Everyday Meals for Hunters and Their Families available on Amazon.
Carne Asada Venison Tacos Ingredients
For the Carne Asada Marinade:
- The Juice from 1 Orange
- The Juice from 2 Limes
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1- 1.5 lb Venison Backstrap
For the Tacos:
- 10 Flour or Corn Tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup finely diced Medium Red Onion
- 1/2 cup diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Chopped Cilantro
- Lime Wedges, For Serving
Carne Asada Venison Tacos Recipe Directions
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients except for the venison.
2. Place the venison in a Ziploc bag and pour half of the marinade over top. Reserve the other half of the marinade for later. Marinate the steak for 4 hours.
3. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (400-450°F). Grill steaks with the lid closed for 4-8 minutes per side, depending on the thickness.
4. Remove steaks and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Slice into bite-sized chunks for easy eating in tacos.
5. Make the tacos: Place two spoon fools of carne asada onto warm tortillas. Top with diced onions, tomatoes, chopped cilantro, guacamole, remaining marinade (if desired), and lime juice.
READ MORE: FIELD TO TABLE: WILD TURKEY KFC BOWL RECIPE
Enjoy the outdoors?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.