The great outdoors will always be something incredibly invigorating to behold. Whether you're hiking, taking a road trip, camping, or just basking in the natural air, there's something so refreshing in just being outside. You can admire all that nature has to offer, finding serenity in any outdoor activities you partake in. But let's be honest, what's a great experience exploring the backwoods without a good dad joke or two?
We've compiled a list featuring some of the best camping, hiking, biking, and all around outdoorsy jokes. And don't worry- some of these are easy one-liners, and all are actually completely family friendly. You won't have to worry about whether the kids are around or not before telling some dirty pick up line. Better yet, these jokes could possibly be the best ice-breakers to get your kids outside and away from submersing themselves in their phone screens all day. So whether you're going on a family camping trip for the first time or just sitting outside in your backyard with your loved ones, here are some of the best outdoor jokes to tell.
25 Best Outdoor Jokes
1. Why can't bikes stand up on their own? They're two-tired.
2. What's another name for a sleeping bag? A nap sack.
3. Did you hear about the camping competition? It was in tents.
4. What do you call a bear with no teeth? A gummy bear.
5. Why don't seagulls fly by the bay? Because then they'd be bagels.
6. You can't run through a campsite. You can only ran, because it's past tents.
7. Do you know why I slept like a log last night? Because I woke up on the campfire.
8. What did the pine trees wear to the lake? Swimming trunks.
9. Why did the fish blush? Because it saw the lake's bottom.
10. Did you hear about the award-winning farmer? He was out standing in his field.
11. Hiker 1: "Are we lost?" Hiker 2: "Of course not, I just can't find the trail."
12. What do you call a gathering of single hikers? A Trail Mixer.
13. Why are hiking shops so diverse? Because they employ people from all walks of life.
14. Mountains aren't just funny, they're hill areas.
15. If you're in the woods, how can you tell if a tree is a dogwood? By its bark.
16. If a bear is chasing you, does it mean you are running with a bare behind?
17. What did the beaver say to the tree? "It's been nice gnawing you!"
18. What is a tree's favorite drink? Root beer.
19. How do you communicate with a fish? Drop it a line.
20. What did the polar bears say when they saw tourists in sleeping bags? "Sandwiches!"
21. Where does a camper keep his money? In the river bank.
22. Why does Humpty Dumpty like camping in autumn? Because Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
23. Give a young man a fish and you feed him for a day. But teach a young man to fish and you get rid of him for the whole weekend.
24. Did you hear the one about the skunk and its camping trip? Eh, never mind. It really stinks...
25. How do you start a campfire? You rub two sticks together, but make sure they're the same. Then you'll have a match.
Know any other hilarious outdoor jokes to tell your friends and family? Share them at our Wide Open Roads Facebook!
Enjoy the outdoors?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.