Fly anglers need to have a strong connection between leader and tippet, and Orivs delivers a reliable alternative to traditional knots.
Where most use a Surgeon's Knot or a Blood Knot, the guys over at Orvis tie the Orvis Tippet Knot. Watch this video and see how the professionals create reliable a connection between leader and tippet.
Seems pretty easy, right? Here are the steps for your review:
1. Overlap the leader and tippet
2. Make a loop, holding both pieces together, about the size of a quarter
3. Then take the ends and wrap them around the loop
4. Next, pull both ends through the loop, do this twice
5. Pull evenly, pull tight, and make sure the lines are moist