Fly anglers need to have a strong connection between leader and tippet, and Orivs delivers a reliable alternative to traditional knots.
Where most use a Surgeon's Knot or a Blood Knot, the guys over at Orvis tie the Orvis Tippet Knot. Watch this video and see how the professionals create reliable a connection between leader and tippet.
Seems pretty easy, right? Here are the steps for your review:
1. Overlap the leader and tippet
2. Make a loop, holding both pieces together, about the size of a quarter
3. Then take the ends and wrap them around the loop
4. Next, pull both ends through the loop, do this twice
5. Pull evenly, pull tight, and make sure the lines are moist
As mentioned earlier this Orvis Tippet Knot would make a great alternative to the Surgeon's Knot. To get better at this knot, you'll need to practice at home.
NEXT: FIRST TIME FLY ANGLER LANDS IMPRESSIVE BROWN TROUT ON THE PROVO RIVER
Enjoy the outdoors?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.