The Palomar fishing knot is simple and effective. Learn how to tie one right here.
In this video a seasoned angler will demonstrate the proper way to tie a Palomar fishing knot. Check out his technique and master this knot for future fishing trips.
In case you need to review, here's a step-by-step method for tying this knot:
1. Make a loop with about a foot of excess line
2. Then run the loop through the eye of the hook
3. Next make an overhand knot leaving a large loop
4. Run the hook through the loop
5. Moisten the leader and pull the knot tight
6. Trim tag ends
As you can see the palomar fishing knot is easy to tie and it makes a strong connection for many different kinds of baits. Now that you know how to tie this knot you need to practice on your own before hitting the water.
Enjoy the outdoors?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.