Camping might be a load of fun, but it can also come with a heap of stress and frustration. There's the lots of gear to pack, tents to set up, food to prepare, and the list goes on. Plus, the weather and various outside factors can throw a wrench in the best-laid plans without warning. Next time you need to lighten the mood, cracking out one of these funny camping jokes. A good zinger can (momentarily) make you forget about the breakfast burritos you left behind at home and bring a smile to the most serious moments.
These 60 best camping jokes have a little something for everyone in the family. There are jokes, puns, and funny little stories that all poke fun at our favorite pastime in cringe-worthy glory. Don't worry, we made sure to include some stellar dad jokes.
Camping Jokes: Outdoor Story Time
1. Knock knock? Who's there? Canoe? Canoe who? Canoe come out and play?
2. One boy scout was on one side of the river, and there was another boy scout on the other side of the river.
The first boy scout yells to the other boy scout, "How do you get to the other side?" and the other boy scout yells back, "You are on the other side!"
3. Never argue with someone inside a tent. You can't look cool when you walk out and slam the flap.
4. Have you noticed that hiking shops are so diverse? They like to employ people from all walks of life.
5. Trees have a lot of friends because they like to branch out.
6. While eating by the fire on their annual camping trip, a son looks at his father and asks, "Dad, how do you prepare the fish we're eating?"
The Dad replies, "Nothing special. I just say, 'Sorry, but I gotta eat.'"
7. A bear walks into a bar and says, "I'd like a water........... and some of those peanuts." The bartender replies, "Sure. But why the big paws?"
8. How do kayakers avoid getting swallowed by the river? They stay away from the river's mouth.
9. An adventurer paddling on a northern river got cold and lit a fire in his boat. He soon discovered that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.
10. Have you heard about the camper who broke his left leg and left arm? It turns out he's all right now.
Snarky Camping One-Liners
1. Avid campers only keep their money in one place: the River Bank!
2. Did you know the only bagel a camper eats is a Winnebago?
3. What's one word for a happy camper? Content
4. Me and campfires are the perfect match!
5. Did you know the chair that is best at yoga is a folding chair?
6. On April 1 campers are always exhausted from their 31-day March.
7. Rich clouds make it rain.
8. When you take an elephant and cross it with a fish, you get swimming trunks!
9. After a night of camping, the Lone Ranger woke to see his tent blown away by a tornado. He declared, "Tonto, we're not in canvas anymore."
10. How can you spot a rich river? It has two banks
11. Pitch, don't kill my vibe.
12. RV there yet?
13. Campers have s'more fun.
For the Camping Dads
1. Did you see that fish blush? I'm pretty sure it saw the lake's bottom.
2. Why did the man take so long to pick out a camouflage tent? Because he couldn't find it.
3. Where does a cow camp? In Moo-York.
4. Barry Allen always brings one thing camping: a flashlight.
5. Can you bear to hear more camping puns?
6. Alpaca my tent, and we'll go camping!
7. Two bees fell in love on a camping trip. I guess it was tent to be.
8. Why is Humpty Dumpty's favorite camping season in autumn? He had a great fall.
9. Camping: donating blood, one mosquito at a time.
10. Pirates don't sleep in tents. They prefer to be out in the ahrrrr.
11. You can't run through a campsite. You can only ran...because it's past tents.
12. I built an emergency shelter out of cereal boxes. I called it my snap, crackle, and pop-up tent.
13. Camping: like many of the best things in life, it's tree.
14. Man! I slept like a log... then I woke up on the campfire.
15. I tried to buy a camouflage tent the other day. I couldn't find any.
1. One piece of advice for lighting a campfire on a mountain: Don't burn your ridges.
2. Mountain jokes can be terrible, but at least they aren't cliffhangers!
3. Why did the boy stop attempting to grab the mountain's fog? He kept mist-ing.
4. The thirsty hikers learned an important lesson after drinking from a mountain stream and getting sick. Don't judge a brook by its color.
5. A mountain biker was recently chased by a grizzly. He bearly survived.
6. Why did the man refuse to climb Mount Everest? He couldn't see the point.
7. What's the internationally known four-man rock group that doesn't sing a note? Oh yeah... Mount Rushmore.
8. How many hikers does it take to climb Mount Everest? 50. Three die trying, one actually pulls it off, and 46 others say, "Man, I could do that!"
9. How do mountains keep warm? They wear snowcaps.
10. Mountains always cheat during hide and seek. They won't stop peaking!
Camping Jokes: Humor in Nature
1. How do you identify a dogwood tree in the forest? By its bark, of course!
2. What's a tree's favorite soda? Root beer!
3. What type of bear has no teeth? A gummy bear!
4. Can trees access the internet? Sure! They just log on.
5. What did the beaver say to the tree? It's been nice gnawing ya!
6. What do you call a group of cackling grizzlies? A bear-el of laughs!
7. The best way to catch a squirrel is to climb a tree and act like a nut.
8. A spider was in my tent, and my girlfriend told me to take it out instead of squashing it. We went and had some drinks. Turns out he's a pretty cool guy. He even wants to be a lawyer.
9. What do bears call campers in sleeping bags? Soft tacos.
10. Do you know what color the wind is? Blew.
11. Did you hear about the pair of honey-making insects that fell in love on a camping trip? It was tent two bee!
12. No more bad camping puns! I can't bear it!
Did these camping jokes give you a good laugh? Or were they a little in tents?