Sometimes it's tough to come up with ideas for dinner, and you have to get a little creative. One of my favorite ways to serve up wild game is in pizza form, but using naan or some other flatbread in place of the crust. It simplifies the process and tastes excellent, too. The beauty of this recipe is that you can make it using leftover meat. Wild turkey would be a good option for this recipe in place of the pheasant meat if that's all you have. Give it a try and you won't regret the decision!
Buffalo Pheasant Flatbreads Ingredients:
- 2 naan flatbreads
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked pheasant breast
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, diced into ½" cubes
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Ranch dressing, to drizzle
Buffalo Pizza Sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
Buffalo Pheasant Flatbreads Recipe Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Prepare the buffalo pizza sauce: Heat a medium saucepan over medium/high heat. Add in the butter and allow it to begin to melt, for about 1-2 minutes. Once the butter has started melting add in hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, and minced garlic. Whisk the ingredients until evenly combined. Simmer until the sauce slightly thickens, approximately 5 minutes.
3. Prepare the pizzas: brush or spoon buffalo pizza sauce onto flatbread. Place the shredded pheasant meat on top of the buffalo pizza sauce, then add more sauce. Top with cubed mozzarella and green onions.
4. Place the flatbreads onto a baking sheet then into the oven for 10-12 minutes. The cheese should be melted and the crust should be slightly crisp.
Enjoy the outdoors?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.