Who's hungry?! If it's a weeknight, the answer is everyone, and the correct solution isn't always that easy. This venison taco pie recipe is relatively simple, plus it's a great way to use up all that ground venison you likely have in your freezer. There are usually some good vibes that come along with taco night, and getting a little creative by turning it into a pie can score extra points with the family. It's a kid-favorite too, so you can count on some clean plates after you serve this one up on one of those busy weeknights, when homework, soccer practice, and all those other activities keep the crew busy and hungry.
Venison Taco Pie Recipe Ingredients
- 1 (8 ounce can) Pillsbury crescent rolls
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour cream
Venison Taco Pie Recipe Directions
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Unroll dough and then separate into 8 triangles. Place in ungreased 9-inch square pan or 10-inch pie plate. Use your hands to press edges together over the bottom of the pan and up sides to form crust.
3. Place in the preheated oven for 10 minutes
4. In a 10-inch skillet, cook the ground venison over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it's no longer brown. Drain the meat, then stir in the diced tomatoes with green chilies, water and taco seasoning mix. Simmer for 5 minutes. Spoon the meat mixture using a slotted spoon into the crust-lined pan then sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crust is brown.
6. Serve the pie topped with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and sour cream.
Enjoy the outdoors?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.