Undeniably, the NRA convention was its own little universe, complete with one-of-a-kind conversations.
Some of these soundbites gave me a chuckle. Others had me nodding in solidarity. Hearing them all in the same weekend... well, that was just awesome. Here we go.
10."Nice tricorn hat!"
This one was spoken to a man in a tricorn hat... by a man who was also wearing a tricorn hat. In case you're not familiar, here's what one looks like:
9. "Come over and get your picture taken with the world's largest rifle!"
It's a 20mm rifle, and it looks like this:
8. "My right to open carry? Oh, that's a feminist issue for me. I should have all the options when it comes to defending myself from someone who's probably a lot bigger than me."
Tell 'em, sister.
7. "Most of the time, I have no clue where my phone is, even my keys. But I always know where my gun is."
Well, that's better than the other way around.
6. "I know, it's easy to lose track of all the pro-2A organizations you're part of."
5. "I overheard somebody asking 'What IS an assault rifle?' ...I just shook my head."
He probably didn't want to butt into the conversation... but if anyone reading this is curious, here's the answer:
4. "I carry a $4,000 gun everywhere I go."
Okay, when you're selling $200 holsters, this isn't a crazy thing to say... but I might still call you a pistol princess.
3. "It's an essential component of the arsenal process."
This was in reference to choosing the right gun safe.
2. "So, when I was building my FIRST bunker..."
Now I know where I can always get prepping advice when I need it.
1. "Honestly, I don't care if you think you're an ostrich, if you support the NRA, we're on the same team."
I mean, if I were an ostrich, I'd be a pro-gun ostrich.
Annnd that's all, folks! What do you think of these NRA quotes?