Every bass fisherman is looking for the perfect rod and reel combo. Get them the perfect gift.
Action, accuracy, ratio—a bass rod and reel combo, whether a baitcaster or spinning combo, needs to be correct for baits and conditions.
We looked at some of the top places for purchasing rod and reel combos for bass fishing and found the 12 top reviewed products that will make the angler in your life very happy if they woke up to one of these under the tree.
1. Shakespeare Travelmate 6’6″ Rod/Reel Combo
Users liked this combo for traveling, since it collapses to 14.5 inches and has good action.
2. Bass Pro Shops Johnny Morris Signature Series Bass Caster Baitcast Reel/Signature Series II Trigger Rod Combo
The reel impressed users, along with the sensitivity of the rod.
3. Pflueger Trion Spinning Rod and Reel Combo
Smooth casting and the ability to bring in big fish were cited for this rig.
4. Bass Pro Shops Johnny Morris CarbonLite Reel and Micro Guide Trigger Rod Baitcast Combos
Many users felt this was the best combo they had ever purchased.
5. Abu Garcia Ike Dude Combo
Folks bought this combo for the looks and ended up loving its power and action.
6. Pflueger Summit/Cabela’s Tourney Trail SE Spinning Combo
Smooth is the word for this setup.
7. Pflueger Echelon Spinning Combo
Users couldn’t say enough about the reel on this one.
8. Abu Garcia Pro Max Baitcasting Combo
This combo seems to be the pick for a first baitcaster.
9. GSX Tournament Low-Profile Casting Combo
Lands big fish. Only drawback—doesn’t break down.
10. Pflueger President Spinning Combo
Well-balanced and good for casting according to many users, but another that doesn’t break down.
11. Bass Pro Shops Tourney Special Rod and Reel Baitcast Combo
Another solid choice for beginning baitcasters.
12. Bass Pro Shops Pro Qualifier Reel/CarbonLite Trigger Rod Baitcast Combo
Two words: lightweight and strong.
They may be difficult to wrap, but getting one of these rod and reel combos for your special angler will guarantee a smile and some bass dinners.