If you bagged a spring gobbler, try one of these delicious wild turkey recipes.
Cooking wild game can be tricky, and wild turkey is no exception. You've got to care for the meat correctly and find the perfect flavors that will combat gaminess and enhance flavor.
Tony Z's Wild Turkey Breast Recipe
Sauté a wild turkey breast in melted butter with bacon until it's golden brown for an incredibly easy yet flavorful, healthy dish.
- 12 oz. bacon, diced into 1/4-inch pieces
- Cajun poultry seasoning, as needed
- 4 tablespoons pasture butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 (2-pound) boneless turkey breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos (optional)
Smoked Turkey Jerky Recipe
Nothing is more of a crowd pleaser than jerky. Marinate turkey strips in this simple mixture, and they're ready for your smoker the next day.
- 3 pound wild turkey breast meat
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Wild Turkey Leg & Thigh BBQ Recipe
This recipe guarantees you don't let any of that wild turkey meat go to waste by cooking up drumsticks low and slow in a crockpot or slow cooker for fork-tender barbecue.
- 2 wild turkey leg/thigh quarters
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbs. of your favorite sweet and spicy BBQ rub
- 1/2 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken or turkey stock
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
If you're in a rush to whip up some tasty turkey with what you have on hand, try seasoning with a lemon pepper blend or marinading in Italian dressing for an easy weeknight dinner.
Enjoy the outdoors?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.