These people forgot all about the ten commandments of gun safety, please make sure you don't.
Most hunters have gone through a hunter education course since states began requiring them for hunting. Unfortunately, some people didn't listen. Watch this video and see what happens when idiots play with guns and ignore safety rules.
From the looks of it, these folks need to go back and review some basic firearm safety. Your state wildlife agency can help you find hunter education classes to go through, so please don't be like these people. If you decide to go through one of their classes, please pay attention to the Ten Commandments of Firearm Safety.
According to the New Mexico Department of Game and Fish website, the Ten Commandments of Firearm Safety include:
- Watch that muzzle!
- Treat every firearm with the respect due to a loaded gun.
- Be sure of the target and what is in front of it and beyond it.
- Keep your finger outside of the trigger guard until ready to shoot.
- Check your barrel and ammunition.
- Unload firearms when not in use.
- Point a firearm only at something you intend to shoot.
- Don't run, jump or climb with a loaded firearm.
- Store firearms and ammunition separately and safely.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages before and during shooting.
Now go back and watch the video again to see how many of these cardinal rules of firearm safety were violated The one guy is lucky to still have a foot.
Stay safe out at the range and have fun!