For us, it's a toss up on which wins: taco night or pizza night. So what's better than combining the two? Oh, adding everyone's favorite game meat on top.
This pizza is a flavor explosion, combining the bold and spicy flavors of taco toppings with the savory, delectable taste of venison. The taco seasoning packs its own punch but is further enhanced by red enchilada sauce.
This is also an incredibly simple dinner to make: Grab a pre-made pizza crust from your local supermarket, dice a few vegetables, and let everything simmer together in a pan before topping your pizza and throwing it in the oven. The result: Cheesy, savory goodness the whole family will love—all in under 30 minutes.
Venison Taco Pizza
View this post on Instagram
- 1 tablespoon oil or butter
- 1 small onion
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound ground venison
- 1/2 taco seasoning packet
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1 large unbaked pizza crust, homemade or store bought
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced, to garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, add oil or butter. Then, add in onion and poblano pepper and cook for about 3 minutes or until the onions start to become translucent but are still crisp.
- Add in the ground venison and cook until the venison until browned, crumbling it as it cooks.
- Once the venison is browned, add in half of a taco seasoning packet and the enchilada sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- On a clean floured surface, roll out pizza dough to a 15 inch circle. Then place the dough in a pizza pan and roll a small edge around the outside of the dough.
- Pour the meat sauce mixture onto the dough and spread out to the rolled edge. Top with shredded cheese and tomatoes.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the crust is golden and crisp.
- Top with cilantro and allow to cool for 5 minutes prior to serving.
READ MORE: HOW TO MAKE VENISON BACKSTRAP CROSTINIS
Enjoy the outdoors?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.