The only thing better than it being turkey season is getting to taste the delicious reward of your hard work. The perfect meal to highlight your wild turkey, this slow-cooker tetrazzini is both hearty and flavorful.
Slow cooking is a great method to make tender, juicy meat that is packed with flavor and cooked to perfection. Even better: You can prepare it in advance, allowing you to save time and effort in the kitchen. Simply place all the ingredients in your slow cooker, and let it do the work for you.
This recipe uses a combination of wild turkey, mushrooms, and cream sauce is a classic that is sure to please everyone at the table. And with the addition of pasta and cheese, the result is a rich and creamy dish that is sure to please everyone in your family.
This tetrazzini is a crowd-pleasing meal that is perfect for a chilly evening as we ease out of spring. So, gather your ingredients and get ready to make this delicious Slow Cooker Wild Turkey Tetrazzini. Your taste buds (and family) will thank you!
Slow Cooker Wild Turkey Tetrazzini
- 1 wild turkey breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into slices
- 1 12-ounce package frozen peas
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti, to serve
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley for garnish
- Spray crock-pot with non stick cooking spray.
- Place the wild turkey pieces, onions, mushrooms and garlic into a slow cooker. Top with salt, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper.
- Mix chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, white wine, and lemon juice in a bowl, and then pour into slow cooker.
- Cut cream cheese into slices and place on top. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. During the last hour of cooking, add in frozen peas and shredded mozzarella then mix and cover with the lid and cook for the remaining hour.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and garnished with fresh parsley.