If you're feeling a Latino dish for supper, try these venison steak tacos.
Deer meat in general is leaner than beef and other wild game more times than not. Believe it or not, several people are taking up deer hunting for the simple fact that venison meat does not contain steroids, and it's organic.
Check out this this delicious recipe.
- 1-pound venison steak (x2)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cup of Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 tomato
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup of Thousand Island dressing or chipotle sauce.
- First heat your grill to medium-high heat before placing already thawed venison steaks on the grill.
- Sprinkle steak with preferred steak seasoning. Place venison on a grill (perpendicular to the grill grates). I use a charcoal grill and wait until the charcoal is gray-to-white. This may not take as long for a gas grill. Typically cook time for meat is 3-4 minutes on each side. However, if you like it more well-done, cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while meat is cooking, slice one avocado into two halves. Scoop and mash into a small bowl.
- Dice one tomato and place in a serving dish.
- Place cheese in a serving dish.
- Warm corn tortillas for 20 seconds. Feel free to substitute flour tortillas or hard taco shells.
- Remove steak from grill and let it sit for five minutes.
- Smooth sour cream and avocado onto tortilla.
- After five minutes, slice steak into strips. Place venison steak strips onto tortillas.
- Sprinkle tomatoes and cheese to your liking.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper for desired amount.
- Cut lime wedges. Squeeze lime juice over venison steak tacos.
- Add Thousand Island dressing or chipotle sauce to tacos
Obviously, instead of grilled venison tacos ground venison taco meat is an easy substitute though not as savory. If you decide to use ground venison, add your favorite taco seasoning when browning the meat in a large skillet. The longest prep time comes with preparing the grill and cooking the steaks. If you don't have enough time, ground venison will be a lot quicker.
Likewise, you can serve this main course with refried beans, rice, crinkle fries or your side dish of choosing.
Let us Know What You Think