Need a good breakfast idea? Try these breakfast casserole muffins.
Eggs, bacon, bread, cheese and a little time in the oven completes this awesomely easy breakfast casserole muffin recipe.
Experiment how you wish, add a little extra milk and hot sauce to the eggs, chop spinach or bell peppers, or use wild game sausage instead of bacon.
Trust us, now that you've got the basic recipe down, this one is easy to make your own way. And if you're curing your own bacon, all the better!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the sandwich bread into half inch squares and evenly distribute them on the bottom of the muffin cups.
- In a mixing bowl or large measuring cup that has a pour spout thoroughly whisk together the eggs Add a few dashes of salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook and crumble bacon.
- Evenly distribute the egg mixture into each muffin cup. It's okay if the bread pieces float to the top.
- Sprinkle an equal amount of both the grated cheese and the crumbled bacon into each muffin cup on top of the egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Enjoy or freeze (in-between sheets of wax paper) for another day!
NEXT: THE LAST BACON POTATO SALAD RECIPE YOU'LL EVER NEED
Enjoy the outdoors?
Don't miss a story! Sign up for daily stories delivered to your inbox.