You'll learn a few new tricks with this list of things your everyday carry knife can be used for.
Know someone who still doesn't carry a knife every day? Use this list to point out how valuable an EDC can be.
- Use it as a measuring tool when you don't have a ruler
- Sharpen a pencil
- Celebrate your New Year's Resolution accomplishment by punching a new hole in your belt
- Pop stubborn dead batteries out of gadget compartments
- Cut parachute cord free when you're hung up
- Release a pack string when your mules are tangled
- Cut rope out of the propeller on your fishing boat
- Build a fire
- Cut seat belts in an emergency
- Clean your fingernails
- Open mail
- Open a bulletproof bag of chips
- Free a baby manatee from a fishing net
- Cut your food
- Smash things (many EDCs have a glass-breaking end)
- Remove staples
- Cutting a dog's leash in an emergency
- Money clip
- Get a stubborn knot out of a rope
- Get gum out of the carpet
- Make a tourniquet / do first aid
- Scrape off glue
- Open a coconut when you're stranded on a desert island
- ...a knife makes a great paperweight (that doesn't make you look like a goofball).
What else can you use an everyday carry knife for? There's got to be a ton more ways. Did we miss anything?
Find out more on all sorts of knives at Benchmade.com.
Enjoy the outdoors?
Sign up for daily stories delivered straight to your inbox.