We all know how delicious the inside venison tenderloin of a deer can be, but who knew you could mix such deliciousness with healthy.
Let's face it, most of the time we cook, we don't really think about the health aspect of the meal. If it tastes good, that's usually all that matters, especially when it comes to venison. But what about mixing the two together and finding not only one of the most delicious recipes for venison inner-loins, but a very healthy one as well.
Get yourself the ingredients and get ready to whip yourself up a delicious, slightly spicy fully home-cooked meal.
- 1.5 lb venison tenderloin (inside loin)
- 1.5 cups of couscous
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 scallions
- 1 lemon
- 5 oz fresh spinach
- 3 tbsp Olive or Vegetable Oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- Prep: Bring a medium pot of salted water to boil. Seed and slice the red bell pepper. Mince the garlic. Slice the scallion whites and mince the scallion greens. Zest the lemon to roughly 1 tsp of lemon zest, then halve the lemon.
- Cook the pepper mix: Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and cook until softened, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add the scallion whites and the minced garlic and cook for approximately one minute. Season everything with salt and pepper then remove from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Cook the inner-loin and the couscous: Season the tenderloin on all sides with the cumin, salt and pepper. Heat one tablespoon of oil in the same pan over medium-high heat. Sear the inner-loin until cooked to your desired doneness then set tenderloin aside to rest for five minutes. As the water begins to bowl, add the couscous and cook until al dente. Drain the couscous and add salt and pepper.
- Make scallion chimichurri: This is the key ingredient to bring it all together. In a small bowl, combine the scallion greens, a tablespoon of oil, half of the lemon zest and some fresh squeezed lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the couscous salad: After draining the couscous, toss into the bell pepper mixture along with the spinach, remaining lemon zest, fresh squeezed lemon juice to taste, and a tablespoon of oil. Mix everything together and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve: Slice the tenderloin into small pieces and serve on a bed of couscous salad. Top everything with the scallion chimichurri and enjoy. (Serves 4 People)
Recipe via Hello Fresh. Check them out!
A spicy, lemon fresh recipe that you just can't pass up. This recipe serves up to four people and is between 600 and 700 calories per serving.