This Super Bowl recipe for jalapeño dove hors d'oeuvres will get more attention than the commercials.
This year, wow your friends and family with this fabulous recipe that combines two of America's favorite pastimes: hunting and football!
The classic popper-style, bacon wrapped jalapeño dove appetizer is a constant in wild game recipe books, but it never hurts to brush up on your execution and break them out for a big gathering like the ones common on Super Bowl Sunday. We added a teriyaki twist, to bring out the flavor of the dove as much as possible.
Read More: Football Players and the Outdoors10 NFL Players Who Love to Hunt and Fish
Grilled Jalapeño Dove Hors D'oeuvres
Prep time: 2 hours 15 minutes; Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Dove breast (a single dove will yield approximately 2-4 pieces of breast meat, depending on the size of the dove)
- 1 12 oz bottle of Teriyaki sauce
- Jalapeños ( ¼ the number of dove breasts available to you. Ex. If you have 12 breast pieces, you will need 3 jalapeños)
- Raw bacon (equal to the number of dove breasts available to you. Ex. If you have 12 breast pieces, you need 12 slices of bacon)
- Pour the bottle of teriyaki sauce into a large bowl. Soak the dove breast in the teriyaki sauce for two hours.
- While the dove breast is soaking, cut the jalapeños into fourths and scoop out the seeds.
- Heat up the grill.
- After two hours, remove the dove breasts from the teriyaki sauce. Wrap each breast around a single jalapeño slice.
- Wrap bacon around the dove breast and jalapeño slice.
- Stick a toothpick in the middle.
- Grill until the bacon is dark and crispy, about 20 minutes.
Need more Super Bowl recipe ideas?