We’ve got your next weeknight meal: this venison taco ring recipe.
It’s Tuesday night, you’ve got frozen venison in your freezer, hungry kids, and not much time. What do you do?
Our friends at Sportsman’s Guide helped us put together this brilliant idea for a quick and easy meal, this delicious venison taco ring. Prepared using some awesome Castlecreek cookware, this one is a breeze to make and a crowd pleaser.
Here are the details:
- 1lb ground venison
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cans crescent dinner rolls (we used Pillsbury)
- Shredded lettuce, salsa, sour cream to taste
- Brown ground venison in skillet.
- Add 1/2 c water, taco seasoning and cook until combined
- Place parchment paper on work surface and cup or bowl with diameter of 2-3 inches in middle
- Lay out individual crescent rolls with short, longer side lining up to cup or bowl in center
- Continue until a sun shape is formed and all are used
- Place ground venison in thick part of the inner crescent ring circle
- Cover with cheese (and other toppings to taste!)
- Fold other side of crescent roll over ground venison, tuck under and form seam
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 Fahrenheit or until crescent roll is golden brown
- Cool for ten minutes, cut, and serve with choice of toppings