The South Dakota hunting limits are set for several bird species.
Fall turkey season runs from November 1, 2014, to January 31, 2015.
More turkey details from the GFP:
Fall turkey hunters will see a reduction in turkey licenses available and the closure of several West River and East River counties. The Black Hills unit includes a boundary change which retains an open area on the eastern and southern areas of the Black Hills; including a reduction in licenses from 1,500 to 750. Fall turkey hunters will be limited to a total of two turkey licenses.
Ducks season will vary depending on the zone.
- High Plains Zone: October 11, 2014 - January 15, 2015
- Low Plains North and Low Plains Middle Zone: September. 27 - December. 9, 2014
- Low Plains South Zone: October 11 - December 23, 2014
A limit of six ducks, with no more than five mallards consisting of only one or two hens. It also must consist of no more than three wood ducks, three scaup, two redheads, two pintails and one canvasback.
The light goose season varies as well.
- Light Geese Statewide: September 27 - December 21, 2014
- Canada Geese (and Brant):
- Unit 1: Oct. 1 - December 16, 2014
- Unit 2: November 3, 2014 - February 15, 2015
- Unit 3: January 10-18, 2015
- White-Fronted Geese Statewide: September 27 - December 7, 2014
Here's the big news: light geese limits have moved from 20 to 50 for 2014. Canada geese are limited to eight in Unit 1, and four in Units 2 and 3. White fronted geese have a two bird limit.