Grok Grub's smoked salmon stuffed avocados, it's what's for breakfast! Check out this easy and awesome recipe.
Grok Grub's culinary website boasts a motto of "Real food for health and happiness." This recipe is no exception, and if you're looking for something different to try with your smoked salmon, here's a good place to start.
This trifecta of healthy omega-3 fats will give you a boost in the morning. You can make this the first meal of your day, but don't count this out for lunch and dinner either.
Ingredients (four servings)
- 4 avocados
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- 8 eggs
- Black pepper
- Chili flakes
- Fresh dill
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Halve the avocados and remove the seed. To cleanly remove an avocado seed, hit it with the sharp edge of a knife and twist. If the avocado is properly ripened, it should pop right out. If the hole left behind by the seed appears to be too small to support an egg or two, scoop some of it out with a spoon.
- Place the avocado halves on a baking sheet, and line the holes with strips of smoked salmon. Crack each of the eggs into a small bowl first, then spoon the yolks and however much white the avocado will hold.
- Add salt and freshly-cracked black pepper on top of the eggs, to taste.
- Gently place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle chili flakes and fresh dill on top.
- Serve warm.
To find more recipes with real food for health and happiness from Grok and Grub, visit their website: grokgrub.com