Come along as we walk through this classic Southern seafood boil!
If you are like me and crave copious amounts of southern style seafood and veggies, then I have just the recipe for you.
This seafood boil is a staple in southern culture, and this great video shows you just what you need to create this meal right on your stovetop!
If you plan on making this recipe, here's a suggested ingredient list.
- ?2 lbs king crab legs, or you can use whatever crab that you want to use...
- ?2 lbs white tail shrimp ( I used 16/18 count per pound)
- ?1 lb smoked sausage, chopped ( you can use beef, pork, chicken... use what you like babe!)
- ?2 lbs venus clams, in shells
- ?4 -6 corn on the cobs, cut into small section
- ?5 medium golden or red potatoes, cut into halves
- ?1 stick/8 tbsp salted butter OR margarine
- ?1 medium onion, sliced
- ?2 tbsp minced garlic
- ?2 large lemons, sliced
- ?3 tbsp old bay seasoning
- ?1 1/2 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- ?2 tbsp red pepper flakes
- ?3 large lay leaves
- ?6-8 cups water
If you have followed the steps in the video then you should be staring at an amazing seafood boil. Traditionally this dish is served on top of newspaper. So, get out some old papers and cover your table, kitchen counter, or patio table and dump out those tasty ingredients.
Feel free to garnish the dish with some lemon slices and serve it with a few cold beers. The beers are certainly not mandatory, but I have yet to see them do damage to this type of meal!