Imagine swimming on Sunday, your leg turning red after work on Tuesday, boils on your leg on Wednesday, and then getting your leg amputated by Thursday because of a flesh-eating bacteria.
This sounds like a fictional story from some crazy book, but this what happened to 50-year-old Brian Parrott this past week. A normal day with the family at a lake in Galveston, Texas has forever changed his life.
Parrott claimed to be in the water a very short time and by the next day he already felt very ill. Brian went to work on Monday, and then his leg began to show some redness. By Wednesday ,there was boils and then after seeing the doctor on Thursday, his leg had to be amputated. Talk about a bad turn of events.
There were no signs up at the lake to inform the public of danger. The family is hoping the public is warned so no one else is harmed.
Hopefully Brian can have a quick recovery.