Want to know how to make awesome venison jerky with all that meat in your freezer?
This is a traditional technique to preserve any type of meat and makes a great snack to have in your pantry through the winter.
Making jerky consists of cutting the meat into thin strips and then drying it with salt or sugar so that it will not rot. The fat is often-times removed.
More Venison Recipes
Making jerky on your own is actually a simple and easy process. With this recipe, you can preserve venison for a long period of time
This recipe is for those who want to have their Venison Jerky simple with just a hint of seasoning.
Recipe adapted form Beef Jerky Recipes
- 6 lbs venison, cut into small strips
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. curing salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 3 tsp. accent seasoning
- 8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tb. liquid smoke
- Combine all the ingredients in a plastic bag or sealable container.
- Add venison strips, mix well and refrigerate for 3 days to allow for marination.
- Place jerky strips on a wire rack, with a shallow baking pan underneath to catch any drippings.
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees, and cook jerky for one and a half hours. Check consistency and pliability, and cook 30 minutes at a time until desired dryness is reached.
- Store you jerky in a dry container and location. Sealed mason jars or vacuum packs work well.
More Venison Recipes:
- Top 5 Venison Jerky Recipes
- The Only Venison Jerky Recipe You’ll Ever Need
- Get Spicy with These Tequila Marinated Venison Fajitas
- This Venison Wellington Recipe Isn’t as Hard as You Think
- Rack of Venison Wrapped in Bacon Recipe