Steven Rinella shows us a great recipe for wild game pot pie.
Once again, Steven Rinella proves that he is as good in the kitchen as he is in the woods and on the water. His passion for preparing wild game in new and unusual ways sets him apart from many other TV hunters. This wild game pot pie is one of his tamer recipes and will appeal just about everyone, something we can't say for all his dishes.
Watch the video to learn how to prepare this easy and delicious comfort food.
To follow along and make the recipe yourself you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 1/2 pounds ground wild game meat
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups chopped and pre boiled potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups peas
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- thyme and oregano to taste
- Pastry topping (Rinella makes his own, but you can substitute pre-made biscuits or pie crusts)
If you don't have all these items, get creative and make substitutions as necessary.