Professional shooters from the past and present inspire us with their great quotes.
Here are ten quotes from professional shooters that just might inspire you.
1. "The Second Amendment isn't about duck hunting or target shooting." - Massad Ayoob
2. "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper
3. "No man is competent unless he can stalk alone and armed in the wilderness." - Townsend Whelen
4. "Consistency is the key to accuracy." - Ryan M. Cleckner
5. "Use enough gun." - Robert Ruark
6. "When you are talking to a NASCAR driver, they're not asked to comment on an incident that occurred with a vehicle." - Kimberly Rhode
7. "Finally I found a bullet hole back of the right jaw and it came out of the top of his nose. That was the shot I'd hit him with out at 600 yards." - Elmer Keith (With a .44 magnum revolver)
8. "The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."- Col. Robert J. Coates, USMC
9. "I like a handgun. I hold a shotgun in high regard; but rifles -- well, I love the darn things." - Jack O'Connor
10. "Aim at a high mark and you'll hit it. No, not the first time, nor the second time. Maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting for only practice will make you perfect." - Phoebe Ann Moses (Annie Oakley)
Oh, and we've couldn't resist including this honorable mention, also from Annie:
"I ain't afraid to love a man. I ain't afraid to shoot him either."
Will any of these tidbits stick with you and inspire you next time you're out shooting?