It takes a rare breed to sit for hours in the freezing cold in order to catch more fish.
We’ll be out there ice fishing, too, but we aren’t looking forward to it. Why?
1. It’s cold.
Seriously. Who’s crazy enough to go sit on ice and fish? Okay, we are. We want to fish all of the time. Still, it’s flippin’ cold.
It’s fishing, not catching…and it’s cold for crying out loud.
3. Shark attack.
Sometimes it’s not so boring.
4. Jerks with the best shanty.
Some people just have no respect for traditions.
There’s gotta be some law of physics that says ice can only take so many holes before cracking.
6. The manual auger.
We get tired just thinking about it.
7. Polar bears.
They’d be fine if they’d warm us up, but they’re not into spooning.
8. Walking to your spot.
Once again, we’re getting tired just thinking about it.
9. The Empire’s ridiculous restrictions.
Getting force-choked when you’re cold is even worse than normal.
10. Finding fish under the ice.
Unless you’re one of those jerks with all of the latest equipment.
11. Jerks who hog all of the fish.
C’mon, save some for the rest of us.
12. Fishermen who’ve been on the ice too long.
The cold can get to you.
More from Wide Open Spaces:
13. This never happens where we fish.
And we thought we were crazy.
15. This guy.
Yeah, that image is burned into our retinas.
16. Kids that ice fish better than us.
17. And this guy.
Dude! This is already painful enough.
18. Seriously, we have to dig through ice. How nuts are we?
A straightjacket might help us stay warm, though.
19. Limited parking.
From those crowds, you know.
20. Varying ice conditions.
Did you hear that? Was that the ice cracking?
21. Seriously, where do these guys get this stuff?
We know, envy is a deadly sin…but still.
22. The cold. It drives you insane.
Well, more insane.
23. Unmarked holes.
They’ll make more than just your feet wet.
24. Killer whales.
These guys will not share at all.