It's the most wonderful time of the year! You know we're talking about ice fishing season, right?
Ice fishing is deceiving to a lot of people. They wonder why anyone would want to sit on a bucket and freeze while looking at a hole in the ice.
Let them think that.
If you do it right, ice fishing is simply the best fishing there is. Here are the top 15 reasons to prove it to the slandering naysayers who "only fish in the Bahamas..." Give me a break.
1. You can fish with all the comforts of home.
2. You can almost take a limo service to your favorite fishing spot.
3. You can watch fish on your underwater camera more easily.
4. Sometimes it feels like you're walking on glass.
5. You won't get sunburnt like in the summer, unless it's warm enough for no clothes...
6. You can fish, grill, and hot tub at the same time!
7. A fish locator makes it feel like a game!
8. It's not a big commitment. You can leave your fish house on the lake to just come fish for a little bit.
9. No live well is needed, and your trophy fish won't spoil.
10. You won't lose your favorite lure to a snag like when summer trolling.
11. You won't get motion sickness like on open water.
12. If the fish aren't biting, you can play an epic game of broomball or hockey at the same time!
13. You can get pizza delivered right to your fish house if the bite is slow. Seriously.
14. You can often fish with more lines than you can with open water fishing.
15. All your buddies are waiting for you at the fishing village.
If you enjoy ice fishing, you'll appreciate these crazy fish house ideas!