Daniel Boone was an explorer, frontiersman, and one of the first American folk heroes. We should all take his words to heart.
Daniel Boone is a name most every American will recognize. He has risen to heroic fame not just for founding Kentucky and blazing trails across the Appalachian Mountains, but for his sense of adventure and outdoor knowledge.
Here are some of Daniel Boone's best quotes that all true American outdoorsmen should live by.
1. I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks.
Sometimes it's okay to admit that you might not know where exactly you are in the woods. But maybe bring a map and tell someone where you're going.
2. All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.
These may be the quintessential words of the original frontiersman.
3. Nature was here a series of wonders, and a fund of delight.
Nature will provide all the wonder you'll ever need.
4. In such a diversity it was impossible I should be disposed to melancholy.
Diversity is never boring.
5. Curiosity is natural to the soul of man and interesting objects have a powerful influence on our affections.
Always ask why.
6. I've opened the way for others to make fortunes, but a fortune for myself was not what I was after.
Money isn't everything.
7. Many heroic actions and chivalrous adventures are related of me which exist only in the regions of fancy. With me the world has taken great liberties, and yet I have been but a common man.
Humility is always best.
8. I wouldn't give a tinker's damn for a man who isn't sometimes afraid. Fear's the spice that makes it interesting to go ahead.
Harness that spicy fear.
9. Heaven must be a Kentucky kind of place.
For all you Southerners.
10. One day I undertook a tour through the country, and the diversity and beauties of nature I met with in this charming season, expelled every gloomy and vexatious thought.
Getting out into nature will always cheer you up.
Daniel Boone was a hunter and trapper, explorer, and true outdoorsman. He has attained somewhat of a mythical status in American history but was a legend in his own time and remains a key figure in the foundation and exploration of America.
Also, he wore a beaver pelt hat, not a raccoon one.
Get out and explore the wild in the name of Daniel Boone.