If you’re looking for a great elk recipe, these guys know a thing or two.
This past year, my family and I have been getting down with some delicious curry recipes. For some, this is an acquired taste. For others, curry powder is like crack. Well, the people of Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation have come out with their favorite curry recipe using their namesake as the featured meat. The smell of curry cooking can overtake your entire house. Once you make this recipe, you’ll be looking forward to smelling it again and again.
Below is a quick list of ingredients. For anything else, you’ll have to click here for step-by-step instructions.
- 1 ½ pounds elk roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups white sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons yellow curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh basil
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups cooked white or brown rice
Holy cow. Well, anything worth doing is worth doing right, right? In that case, make a grocery list and head to the market ready to put in some work. When it all comes together, though, you are in for something pretty special.