Use this recipe on your next trip to the deer woods and make a great venison chili for the entire camp.
What’s better than a pot of chili on a cold day? Chili is great year-round, but it is one of the must-have meals we think of when we think of fall weather food.
The next time you gear up for a trip to camp, be sure to add this recipe from KYAfield to your list. It’s quick, easy, and tastes amazing.
Get a load of these other great recipes
- Push Steak to the Next Level: Bacon Wrapped Venison with Compound Butter Recipe
- Wild Game and Curry: Venison Steak Diane Recipe
- The Simplest Grilled Venison Burger Recipe Ever Created
Ready to hit the kitchen and take this one on?
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½-1 whole yellow onion (personal taste)
- 1 ½ lbs. venison burger
- 3 cans of 14 oz. diced red tomatoes
- 1 can chili beans (hot or mild, depending on taste)
- Canned mushrooms (optional)
- 14 oz. Homemade or store-bought salsa (optional)
- ½ cup V-8 juice
- ½ can of beer
- 1 ½ tablespoons of chili powder
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- Dash (small amount) cinnamon
- 1/3-1/2 cup sugar (personal taste)
- Pickled jalapeños (personal taste)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
First thing to do is pour the olive oil and onions into the pot, and cook the onions until they have softened a bit. Remove the onions.
Next, add the venison meat and a little more olive oil—cook until brown.
Once the meat has cooked, mix in the rest of the ingredients on your list, and cook for at least half an hour.
You may want to add shredded cheese, onions, jalapeños, hominy, or sour cream to top it off.