Imagine coming home to water flooding your ceilings as a turkey perches on your bathroom counter.
When Rhode-Island resident Nancy Page arrived home one day last month, she was sure a pipe had burst as water gushed down through her ceilings. She was in for an even bigger surprise when she went upstairs.
“The door was open and I rounded the corner and there was a turkey—sitting on my vanity,” she told reporters from ABC’s WLNE.
Sure enough, a wild turkey had crashed through Page’s bathroom window and accidentally turned on the faucet (or maybe just wanted a drink?). Water ran for hours, flooding more than just the bathroom. Shocked, Page shut the door and dialed 911.
“My emergency was water gushing through the ceiling… and a turkey in my bathroom,” said Page. “She [the dispatcher] said what? And I said it again and said this really is true.”
Emergency responders arrived and, after some coaxing, took off on its own. Unfortunately for Page, it left behind thousands of dollars in damages.