Anti’s giving you fits? Just say this.
Personally, I get really tired of anti-hunters and their misinformed minds. First of all, most of them have no substantiated facts, and the larger part of their information is purely baseless. Arguments that hunting is cruel, evil, or wrong are at best opinion-based. Here are my top six responses to shut the Anti’s down.
1. Why do you feel the need to hunt and hurt defenseless animals?
Answer: Well, they most certainly aren’t defenseless. Oh, and do you know where your food was raised, processed and packaged? I sure do!
2. So how come you don’t just go buy your meat at the store?
Answer: How come you don’t go buy all your vegetables at the store? Better get rid of your garden.
3. You have no heart and don’t care for animals. Otherwise, you wouldn’t shoot them.
Answer: Actually, I care very much about them and their livelihood. My license, tag and permit fees go largely toward the management of healthy animals and herds.
4. There are so few deer, elk and antelope left. How are you okay with killing them?
Answer: The animals I hunt are not going extinct. In fact, most of them have populations well over the natural or geographic carrying capacity, which need to be managed to prevent the spread of disease.
5. You must be some kind of crazed egomaniac who likes to hurt animals.
Answer: No, I just enjoy nature, exercise, the challenge, and, of course, harvesting and processing my own food.
6. What if I hurt your dog or cat? Would you like that?
Answer: Do you hear yourself?! What you just said is ridiculously crazy. Are you going to eat them after you kill them? No, didn’t think so. CRAZY!