When it comes to venison recipes, this is one you won’t want to forget.
Better thank the folks at Better Grilled for putting together this killer venison recipe. Watch the video below to get the inside scoop on how to prepare these things for yourself.
No need to worry about writing things down. We have included the ingredients and preparation steps at the bottom of this post just for you.
- 1 lb – Venison rump, cubed
- 8 Medium/small sized mushrooms
- 1 Large red Onion
- 10 Rosemary sprigs
- 10 Thyme sprigs
- 5 Garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup – Olive oil
- ¼ cup – Butter
- ½ tbsp – Salt
- 1 tbsp – Ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup – Red wine
- Flat skewers
- Preheat you grill for direct grilling at medium heat;
- Tread venison cubes, red onion pieces and mushrooms onto skewers and place them in a glass container with 8 rosemary sprigs, 8 thyme sprigs, 3 minced garlic cloves, 1/2 tbsp freshly ground black pepper and ½ cup olive oil; Let marinate for 2 hours in the refrigerator;
- In a preheated skillet or pan, add ¼ butter, one rosemary sprig, one thyme sprig, ¼ cup minced red onions, 2 minced garlic cloves, ½ tbsp of salt and ½ tbsp of ground black pepper; Cook until the onions and garlic are golden brown then add ⅔ cup of red wine and simmer for 10 minutes;
- Grill the venison skewers over direct heat for about 3 to 4 minutes per side and baste with the herbal butter sauce.