You’ll be able to make this grilled venison burger recipe with your eyes closed.
We all know getting a doubter to try venison burgers is a win-win. You’ll convince someone who thought otherwise that venison is delicious, and you’ll get to eat a burger or two as well.
Seriously though, the directions for this classic venison burger couldn’t be shorter, and the ingredients are all likely sitting in your cupboard waiting to be used.
More WIld Game Recipes
Make it easy on yourself and rely on a trusted and foolproof way to make great venison burgers on the grill.
Recipe adapted from Brittany’s Pantry
Grilled Venison Burger
- 1 and 1/2 lb ground venison
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Seasoning of choice (suggestions: Lawry’s Seasoning Salt, Tony Chachere’s, Italian Seasoning, Cumin or Chili Powder)
- Gently combine all ingredients in a large bowl with your hands. Your seasoning choice can be just about anything, whatever is available in your spice collection. Be careful when seasonings already high in salt, in which case you should decrease the amount of salt you add, possibly entirely.
- Form the meat mixture into four large patties, and grill over medium high heat about 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on thickness and preference. Try not to flip the burgers more than once.
- Top with cheese during the last minute on the grill if desired, and add the typical burger toppings.
Find more venison recipes on Wide Open Spaces
- The Only Venison Jerky Recipe You’ll Ever Need
- Cajun Cuisine: Andouille Stuffed Venison Backstrap Recipe
- Kick in the Kitchen: Spicy Venison Meat Pies Recipe
- How To Make the Best Grilled Venison You’ve Ever Eaten [VIDEO]