Money can’t buy love, but a quick way to anyone’s heart is through his or her stomach.
This very simple walleye recipe will impress any dinner date, your family, or dinner guest.
Give it a try with the walleye you catch, and you will likely find a new favorite freshly-harvested fish dish.
Seared Walleye With Apple Cider Vinegar
- Walleye Fillets (4-6 medium sized fillets [15-20” fish] feed two people)
- Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pam Cooking Spray
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Season-All Seasoning Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Pepper
- Baking Sheet
- Medium-Large Frying Pan
Preparing The Meal
- The first step to creating this dish is to oil the frying pan with olive oil. You want just enough oil to cover the entire bottom of the pan, but no more. Since we are not coating the fish, there is no need to use high amounts of oil.
- Heat the oil on medium heat for 3-5 minutes before adding the plain walleye fillets. Once the fish have been added to the pan, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- While the walleye fillets are being seared on one side, sprinkle one half of the seasonings over the fish. Cook for five minutes, flip, and repeat the seasoning. Cook for an additional five minutes.
- After the fish has been cooked on both sides for five minutes each, drizzle the apple cider vinegar over the fish (one side only) and turn the heat to medium high for about two minutes. This step reduces and lightly caramelizes the vinegar.
- While you are waiting for the vinegar to reduce, coat the baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Add the fish to the baking sheet and finish in the oven for approximately five minutes. Serve over rice or vegetables with your favorite side, and you’ll have a meal that you’d probably pay $20 for at a nice restaurant.
This recipe is not only delicious and extremely beautiful, but it is also healthy. By using low amounts of fats and oils to cook the fish, this dish contains less calories and cholesterol than more traditional fish recipes.
The apple cider vinegar gives the fish a unique and robust flavor that will be sure to please whoever you’re cooking for. Make sure to give it a try, and let us know what you think!