Here are a couple redfish recipes you need to try.
It’s summer time, which means it’s time to get out on the water and reel in the big catch.
If you favor coastal fishing, odds are good you’ll bring home a big, juicy redfish this year. Make the most of your catch by trying out one of these delicious recipes!
More Saltwater Fish Recipes
Adapted via cookstr.com
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2½ teaspoons salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted in a skillet
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 6 (8- to 10-oz) redfish fish fillets
- Heat a large skillet over very high heat for at least 10 minutes.
- Melt the butter in the skillet, and take half out to dredge the fish fillets.
- Thoroughly combine the seasoning mix ingredients in a small bowl.
- Dip each fillet in the reserved melted butter so that both sides are well coated; then apply seasoning mix generously and evenly on both sides of the fillets.
- Place in the hot skillet and spoon melted butter on top of each fillet (be careful, as the butter may flame up).
- Cook, uncovered, over the same high heat until the underside is slightly charred, about 2 minutes.
- Turn the fish over and again pour 1 teaspoon butter on top; cook until fish is done, about 2 minutes more.
Spicy Redfish Stew
Adapted via epicurious.com
- 3 large red bell peppers
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 shallots, chopped
- 2 14 ounce cans chopped tomatoes in juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 pounds halibut or cod fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Char bell peppers over flame or in broiler until blackened, then enclose peppers in paper bag 10 minutes.
- Peel, seed, and chop peppers.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots and sauté about 6 minutes.
- Stir in peppers, tomatoes, garlic, and crushed red pepper.
- Simmer 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Stir in cilantro and lemon peel.
- Add fish; simmer until just opaque in center, about 5 minutes.
- Season stew to taste with salt and pepper.